Statement of policy
It is the policy of NextPhase Development Ltd to comply with the terms of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent legislation and to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
NextPhase Development Ltd (NPD) is a safety conscious employer and has a policy for this purpose.
Its aims are:
1. To provide appropriate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
2. To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
3. To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
4. To ensure safe handling and use of substances
5. To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
6. To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and give them adequate training
7. To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
8. To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
NPD recognise and accept their duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to the company, including contractors and temporary workers, and any members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
While the management of NPD will do all that is within its powers to ensure the health and safety of employees, it is recognised that health and safety at work is the responsibility of each and every individual associated with the company. It is the duty of each employee to take reasonable care of their own and other people’s welfare and to report any situation which may pose a threat to the wellbeing of any other person. An effective health and safety programme requires continuous communication between workers at all levels. Disciplinary action may be taken against any employee who violates safety rules.
This health and safety policy will be continually monitored and updated, particularly when changes in the scale and nature of our operations occur. Policies will be reviews annually.
The person with overall and final responsibility for health and safety at NPD is Christopher Whitehouse, Managing Director. The Office Manager will deputise in the Managing Directors absence. Each manager will be responsible for the supervision of health and safety in their particular areas.
The first aid station is located in the Managing Director’s office, and is equipped with standard first aid equipment which is checked regularly.
Accident Investigation and Reporting
Accident records are compiled and stored by the Office Manager. All incidents, no matter how small sustained by a person at work must be reported to the Office Manager as soon as possible including:
• The time, date and location of the incident
• The nature and severity of any injury sustained
• The circumstances of the accident including photographs and diagrams wherever possible
• The identity of any eyewitnesses
All eye witness accounts will be taken as near to the time of the incident as is reasonably practicable.
The report will then be submitted and analysed by management to discover why the accident occurred and what action should be taken to avoid a recurrence.
The Working Environment
1. Work areas must be kept clean and tidy
2. Any spillage must be cleaned up immediately
3. Waste materials and rubbish must be removed routinely
4. Walkways and passages must be kept clear from obstructions at all times
5. If a walkway or passageway becomes wet it should be clearly marked with warning signs and / or covered with non-slip material
6. Trailing cables are a trip hazard and should not be left in any passageway
All visitors and affiliates should report to the Office Manager and / or make their presence known on arrival.